10.5.11

recipe: garbanzo bean salad over quinoa

After a crazy week of marathon eating and drinking in Jamaica, I was in need of a very light healthy dish. Since the Hubs immediately had to go on another business trip after we got back, I was free to eat all the garbanzo beans and quinoa that I wanted - two things he isn't very fond of.

This recipe was created out of the need for color but simplicity. It is a great get-back-on-track meal but still wonderfully delicious. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

GARBANZO BEAN SALAD OVER QUINOA
serves 1

Dressing
1.5 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
1.5 Tbsp. EVOO
1/2 tsp. chili powder (I used medium hot)
1/4 tsp. ground red chipotle
zest from 1/2 lime
sea salt and ground black pepper to taste

Salad
7.5 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 vine-ripened tomato, chopped
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/4 c. red onion, finely chopped
1/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 c. uncooked quinoa, cooked according to box and cooled to room temperature

Whisk ingredients for dressing together in a medium bowl. Add first five ingredients for salad to bowl and combine with dressing. Serve over cooled quinoa.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. That looks very good & of course, healthy, too! Nice photo as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how healthy it looks...Perfect dish for summer!!! Happy Tuesday, darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh. i am going to try this pronto. two of my favorite things, garbanzo beans & quinoa. yay. sure looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this looks so good! I love any and all ways to eat quinoa. I remember reading about it for the first time in Martha Stewart Living like 8 years ago, and I've been hooked since...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious ! & perfect for my diet haha, i think im gonna try it :)
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.