28.4.11

jamaica trip: friday and saturday

See the first two Jamaica posts here and here.

On Friday morning, after staying up late and dancing too hard the night before, I was not feeling that great. So I ordered room service for breakfast and lunch and slept most of the morning. Luckily it was overcast most of the time so it didn't make me feel that bad.
That afternoon we enjoyed our last afternoon on the beach and I laid under the cabana decided my body had had enough sun. That evening, the four of us went out onto the beach to enjoy our last sunset in Negril.
We had planned to go to Barefoot by the Sea for dinner since we couldn't get a reservation to Kimono's and Dino's was closed but we walked over there to find that Barefoot was also closed. So we ended up at the Sundowner again and I had some more of that delicious pumpkin soup. We went to our rooms after dinner to finish packing and sleep for the last time in our lovely loft.

Saturday morning we were up early since our bags had to be outside our rooms by 6 am. Devin and Chrissy came over and we enjoyed a lovely breakfast before we went to the front desk to check out. We had a wonderful bus driver who took us back to the airport while pointed out the sites. After getting through security, we had a few hours to kill so we ended up at Margaritaville had a few drinks, some food, and played travel Scattergories. (I had never played before and I think I am obsessed.)
I had a very nice vacation. Jamaica is such a great place and the people are so incredibly friendly and vibrant. They really do make you feel welcome and relaxed. Although I am not overly impressed with the food at Sandals, the staff was so great and we really did have a great time. And for a free trip (besides airfare) it was even better.

Have you ever been to a Sandals resort?

6 comments:

  1. The photos are so beautiful! What a great vacation!

    http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a geat vacation and those photos are truly dreamy, sweetie
    Hugs and kisses

    Ps: I’m hosting a beautiful jewelry GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for Mother’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Jamaica...NOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great trip. Had a blast and look forward to doing it again. I'll also be putting up a couple posts in the next few days!

    www.adoseoftheirown.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why yes, I have been to Sandals!


    It's been hard to adapt to the real world again. I had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.