18.4.11

guest post: celeste from wanderlust

Hello! I'm Celeste and I'm so happy to guest blog while Morgan is away. I began my blog, Wanderlust, as a way to document my all of my travels, but now that I'm back from months abroad I mostly post recipes and day-to-day musings. Even though it's been a year since I was in Italy, I still look on my trip fondly. Of the dozens of cities I visited, Assisi was one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

assisi
quaint a garden on the wall in the distance planters hanging laundry dreamy sky into town umbrian light view from basilica di san francesco the view from here

This series of photos perfectly depicts just how quaint and mystical Assisi was when I visited for the first time last year. The tiny, pink-tinted town was built on a hill and overlooks the Umbrian valleys below. It was deserted when my friend, Melissa, and I found it but it couldn't have been more perfect as we wandered the beautifully narrow streets. The afternoon light, the endless planters, and the views for miles and miles made me wish I could delay our evening train home. But these photos and my memories are the best momentos I could possibly have-- they depict the "old country" Italy that we dream about. The best part? It's real.

4 comments:

  1. stunning photos!! looks like a fantastic trip. xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to go there someday. Italy is so wonderful, I didn't see enough of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for having me! I always love reminiscing about Italy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo fun to see these. i LOVE assisi. sounds like you had a similarly serene & enlightening experience. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.