3.3.11

travel: barcelona

My best, Kathy, is leaving for a two week trip to Barcelona in a few days. I am so excited for her! She definitely deserves this.

I was looking back at some of my pictures from my fall break when I was studying abroad. The first stop on our trip was Barcelona. I thought I would share some of my favorite things I did when I was there (for those of you who may be traveling there soon or for those who just want to dream about it.)

Visiting the big market that was outside our hostel
All the colorful flower stands
Walking around the harbor enjoying the warm weather and palm trees (at the end of October!)
All the beautiful architecture
Visiting La Sagrada Familia (which is still being built - since 1882!)
Sangria!Walking and Picnic-ing in Gaudi Park
All the fun characters

Tapas! (There was a great place right outside our hostel. I wish I remembered the name. We ate breakfast there as well.)
I also really enjoyed the Pablo Picasso museum, I just don't have any pictures. Pablo had some very, ahem, interesting drawings in there. (Think of all the, um, bases. And I am not talking about baseball.) A bunch of elementary school aged children were in there at the same time as us and I couldn't believe they were allowed to go into that room.

(Side note: Man, my style has changed since 2007. I really think living in France is what did it. On another note: My study abroad experience feels like it was just yesterday. Looking at these pictures I realized I was 20. And I just turned 24 on Monday. Is it sad that I feel old?)


I was only in Barcelona for two nights and Kathy will be there for two weeks so I know she is going to see a lot more. I can't wait to see all her pictures and hear about her adventures. Dear readers, are there any places you would absolutely recommend?

11 comments:

  1. I also did a study abroad and I reccomend that evryone does it!! Not only do you meet the most amazing friends that you will have for life but it changes you in ways that you could never imagine!!

    Great blog!!

    XOX,
    Karen

    www.rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous, but you are so right, kathy deserves this so much!

    i really want to head to avignon sometime in the near future. with all my work frustrations, i might flee the country and jump on a plane tomorrow....

    miss you dear.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all that stuff to eat! I don't think I'd make it out of the market. Great post!

    Happy Thursday!
    X,
    www.brittanyhavican.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Maybe your friend will come to the festival called Sant Medir (they throw sweets in the streets of Gracia). I hope she enjoys visiting my city! Best regards from Barna,

    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks like it was so fun! spain is on my list of places that i'm willing to break my piggy bank for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO happy you posted these photos! i am going to barcelona and these are getting me really excited for my trip :) xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous! there are certainly a lot of places I want to go in the world, but I've definitely been lusting after Barcelona for awhile. I really haven't been doing anything lately to deserve travel, but this makes me want to run away soooo badly!

    http://litterulaemundano.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post! I definitely recommend Bath in England. It's so low-key, British cool. Also, in the second picture here...is that just mounds of chocolate goodness? I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog, Barcelona is so beautiful. Lovely food, great attractions, nice beach en often great weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This brings back great memories of Barcelona. It's one of my favorite cities to visit. I'm sure your friend will have a fabulous time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photos! thx for sharing! that pan con tomate looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.