9.3.11

a garden potluck dinner

I knew when I saw this community garden party featured in Martha Stewart Living's Gardening Issue, I had to share it with you guys. This garden is located in Philly and boasts a LONG waiting list to become a member. It was started in the 80s using a space that used to be a dumping ground for construction debris.

The members get together often for block parties, festivals and potluck dinners. And everyone pitches in - even the kids. The garden provides a beautiful setting for their parties and great produce for their meals.
I have been looking for a community garden near Salisbury. (Anyone know of one?) I think it would be a great experience - especially for a beginner like me. But I haven't really come across anything so I guess it is learning how to container garden for me this season.

Are you or anyone you know members of a community garden?

{images from here}

2 comments:

  1. how fun! i really want to do something like this in chicago. xoxo jcd:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ! I would love to have the same in Paris !

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.