1.2.11

Bulgar Salad with Roasted Red Peppers

I was looking for a healthy side dish to go with some cod I was making. I normally go for the couscous or pasta but I want to start incorporating more whole grains into our meals. I found this over at smitten kitchen which is a GREAT resource for simple but yummy recipes.


BULGAR SALAD WITH ROASTED RED PEPPERS
adapted from Smitten Kitchen
makes 4 servings as a side dish

3/4 cups of bulgar
1 1/2 cups of boiling water
1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
1/8 cup of EVOO
1/2 cup of roasted red peppers, diced
1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
8 Boston lettuce leaves

1. Place bulgar in a bowl. Add boiling water and soak, stirring occasionally. Once the bulgar has softened, about 15 to 20 minutes, drain and press out excess moisture.
2. Whisk lemon juice, honey, cumin, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in oil until smooth.
3. Add roasted peppers, tomatoes, onion and parsley to the bulgar. Add dressing and mix to combine.
4. Add two lettuce leaves to each place and place salad over top.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I love Deb's recipes and this one sounds so yummy:) Hugs and kisses, darling
    Happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm looks good! thanks for sharing. xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh food from my homeland. Delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this! I love cooking:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! I would tray it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, that looks delicious -- and healthy!! I'll have to try that out this week. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely adore smitten kitchen! this looks yummy, will have to try it...

    glad i discovered your blog today!

    xo,
    joAnn

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.