25.1.11

rustic apple gallette

I had a bunch of apples that were about to go bad and one of the two pie crusts that come in the Pillsbury package. One of my favorite desserts is apple pie or really anything resembling apple pie. So a few Friday nights ago, with a house all to myself (except for the pup), I decided to make an easy apple tart. It turned out so well!

It was so yummy in fact, I ate half of it. And ended up with a horrible stomach ache. The Hubs came back at 1 am after a night out with friends to find me in fetal position in bed groaning. But it was so worth it!

RUSTIC APPLE GALLETTE
adapted from many different recipes
makes 6 - 8 servings

1 pre-made pie crust (or one from your own recipe)
5 apples (I used Gala but I think something tart like Golden Delicious would be good), peeled, cored and sliced (save peels and cores)
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup sugar (for glaze)

1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Spread pre-made pie crust out a little more with a rolling pin.
3. Place on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
4. Overlap apples in a circle inside the pie crust about two inches from the edge. Fold dough edge over over apples.
5. Brush melted butter over dough edge and crust. Sprinkle sugar over crust and apples.
6. Bake for about 40 minutes until the apples are soft, and the crust is golden brown. Rotate it every 10 to 15 minutes while it is baking.
7. To make glaze, put reserved peels, cores and sugar in large saucepan. Add just enough water to cover. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
8. Let the gallette cool before brushing glaze over apples and crust.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment! Too bad that I cannot try your RUSTIC APPLE GALLETTE, now that I am doing the weight loss challenge :) It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM this looks SO SO good! i need to try this recipe. xoxo jcd

    ps thanks for entering in my giveaway! good luck :)
    http://cornflakedreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I don't blame you for devouring half the cake. I would've eaten the whole thing! Thanks for sharing the recipe! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. yumm!!! This looks super good thanks for the recipe i'll try it soon :)

    ~Tatiana

    P.S.
    Go to my blog and enter for the Valentines Day Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.