2.1.11

new years resolutions

How was your New Year's Eve? Above is a picture from my New Year's Eve before dinner. We took a limo to dinner, had a five course meal, and then had a silly limo ride home full of dancing and taking pictures.

I am normally pretty good at New Years resolutions. I NEVER used to make any. But the past few years I have been doing, I have kept up with it. The key is to be very specific. Eat healthier is not a good resolution because, healthier is not measurable. But eat at least two cups of veggies a day is measurable and trackable.

1. Go to the gym at least three times a week. This was an obvious before the wedding, but with the holiday craziness I have maybe gone five times in all of December. I have got to get back on track.
2. Before bed each night, write down five things that made me happy that day. I got this idea over at Express-o. It apparently give you a much more positive outlook. Anyone want to do this too?
3. Spend fifteen minutes each day cleaning one room in the house. Holiday craziness, again, has gotten the best of me. The house was a disaster a few days ago. I have cleaned little by little this week and it has gotten much better. If I clean on a rotating schedule, maybe I won't have to do a huge overhaul clean before guests come over.

I feel the need to add a few more but this is the first year I have done more than one resolution so I think I will stop at that. And, hopefully, by next year these will become habit (as some of my past resolutions have become.) What are your resolutions?

4 comments:

  1. i love your ideas! i think i will definitely try to think more positively and keep a journal about my daily happiness. i'm excited to start doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys had a great time! I also like your point about making resolutions more measureable. I hadn't thought of them in that way, but it makes perfect sense. This year I'm going to be more active (hehe...I didn't really quantify it) and more thankful for the things I do have instead of whining about things I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your outfits on NYE, you girls looked so pretty!

    I love your goals, I need to do the same!

    Happy New Year!
    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off I stumbled over your blog today and love it! Your posts are thoughtful and real. I like your second New Years Resolution about writing down 5 things you are thankful for everyday. This is such a great practice and I think will make you a very thankful over time. I'm your newest follower! Happy New Year to you!

    xo,

    Molly Jane

    Ps. Stop by and follow me if you want.

    www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.