13.12.10

winter wonderland party tablescape

This past weekend, we had a winter wonderland party. I thought I would share my budget friendly buffet tablescape with you.
The most expensive thing I bought was the "tablecloth." I bought four yards of white fleece ($16). However, I used it to cover other parts of the house as well. If you are just covering your table you will not need four yards.

I bought a bag of fake snow at Micheals and covered the table ($3).

I went and got some branches from outside (free) and painted them with white paint that I already had (free). Then I used modge podge that I had (free) to apply some glitter I got from Michael's ($1). I put it in a vase that I already had (free) and put a little of the fake snow on the bottom.

I bought some pine cones at the dollar store ($1) on a whim one day but you could just as easily get some outside for free. I painted the tips with white paint and used the modge podge to apply the glitter.

I was going to make tissue poms to hang from the lights but I got really lazy and didn't do it before the day of the party so I nixed it. I ended up running into the dollar store the day of the party and found different sized snowflake ornaments ($3 for all of them). I brought them home and cut of the string that was on the snowflakes. I attached illusion monofilament ($3) that I found in the jewelry section at Michael's.
You could absolutely create a similar table for under $15 using things you have on hand a little bit of creativity. What do you guys thing?

(DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY! THE GIVEAWAY ENDS THURSDAY NIGHT.)

4 comments:

  1. i am a sad pony for missing this ... it looks really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! We are having a small dinner party on Thursday and are going for a very similar white wonderland theme. Love these budget friendly ideas. Running to Michael's later today...

    happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative and lovely! I'm salivating right now.......mmmmmmm.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is genius. I love your white dishes, too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.