1.12.10

my tights are driving me crazy

The other day, when I bought my polka dot tights, I also bought some opaque black tights since all of mine had holes in them. I put a pair of tights on last week thinking they were black, only to realize they were navy. Or were they? That night for dinner out, I looked everywhere for my new black tights and couldn't find them so I just put on a pair of my patterned tights that I knew where black.
On Monday morning, all I could find was my "navy" tights. But then again, hadn't I gotten rid of the navy tights I had acquired since I didn't think I would ever wear them? So I threw this pair of black (maybe navy tights) on after checking in many different types of light that they were indeed black. But of course, when I got under the fluorescent lights of the office, they looked navy again.

Today, although the tights definitely looked navy, I threw the second pair on again (they came in a set of two). Ugh, I am just so confused. I literally may be going crazy. I have only talked to my co-worker, Julie, about it every five minutes over the last few weeks.

So, here are the possible explanations for this tight mystery:

1. I somehow lost the black ones I just bought, never threw away the navy ones, and have been wearing navy tights like they are black over the last few weeks.

2. These are the black ones, I threw away the navy ones, and I am just looking way too hard at the different shades of black I am wearing. (I really hope this is it.)

3. Since I was on the phone while picking out my tights, I somehow picked up another pair of navy tights even though I am sure I doubled checked to make sure they are black.

I feel like the only solution to this though is to go back to Target and get another set of tights so I stop obsessing. I would just hate to pay for more.

So the mystery continues...

Do you ever have this problem?

{image from here}

3 comments:

  1. I hope you conclude this big mystery! Curious to know what happened!

    xoxo,
    Dreaming of Palm Trees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I do have this problem sometiems. Why is it that you can never find the pair you're looking for?? It's like little tights gnomes come in while you're sleeping and steal them along with your socks and underwear!

    I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog - you should come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a suit that I've worn a couple times, and I STILL don't know whether it's black or navy blue. I had the hardest time trying to decide what color shoes to weather with it. I ended up going with cream colored heels thinking cream goes with both navy AND black.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.