17.11.10

obsessing over window nooks

When I was little, one of the movies I used to watch over and over again was Annie. You know, the one from the 80s with Bernadette Peters and Carol Burnett. There is a scene when Annie is singing and sitting on a window nook. I was obsessed - one day, I too, would have a window nook to sit and look out the window. And I am still obsessed.

I love the thought of curling up with a good book and a cup of tea in the fall as the leaves outside change colors. Or watching the snow fall, while enjoying a cup of hot chocolate. A nook is even helpful in the summer to enjoy the sun's rays when it is too hot to go outside.

Here are some nooks I love:

Maybe I can finally knit that scarf I have been talking about.

What is better than a window nook? One with built in bookshelves around it.

I love how this one is big enough to lay down and take a nap.

Lots of bright light through tall windows - and lots of bright colors too

Well, this one is definitely perfect to watch a Christmas snow fall all bundled up in a sweater.


I think I am adding this to my list for when I build my dream house. Would you enjoy a nook?

{images via here, here, and here}

3 comments:

  1. Those are so beautiful..I also really want a cozy nook in my place
    Wish you a lovely day
    Kisses

    Ps: I’m hosting a Pistacho Press GIVEAWAY today, so please join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call them window seats where I'm from and I've always lusted after them. Unfortunately they never seemed to feature in the pre-fab houses I grew up in...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the white! The first picture looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.