I think every once in awhile, we need to take time for ourselves - to rejuvenate, to reflect, to heal. And, although, I think our culture (in the US, especially) would say this is selfish, I think it is quite the opposite. If you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of others to the best of your ability. (In the past year, I have also learned the power of saying no, but more on that later.)
So I thought it would be good to make a list of cheer-ups for myself and, if you don't mind, I would like to share them with you.
3. Taking a bubble bath and bringing my laptop into the bathroom to watch Gossip Girl.
4. Putting on sweats and lying on the couch with a cup of tea (in a BIG cup that you can barely wrap your hands around - there's something about holding that cup and breathing the warm steam in).
5. Calling one of my friends to vent or just to chat. Sadly, they all live so far away now. I wish they were closer so I could drive to their house for an "instant" cheer-up.
9. Taking a Pilates class.
10. Putting on loud music, closing the blinds, and dancing around the living room with the pup.
11. Going on an impromptu adventure with the Hubs or a friend.What would be on your list?