28.9.10

tuesday farmers' market

I frequent the farmers' market on Market Street on Saturday mornings in downtown Salisbury. Last Tuesday, though, I happen to be driving on Camden Avenue and was surprised to see a farmers market. The FH and I went back later in the early evening and there wasn't as much left but I did get a bottle of local honey (good for allergies). Today, I went back and bought a bunch of beautiful things.
I got vanilla yogurt, cage free eggs, apples, lettuce, and some really colorful tomatoes. (And, yes, I bought them because they were pretty.)

I think I am going to make this part of my Tuesday routine; pick up anything I missed at the Saturday market. I also obsessed with the flower stand. I need to have guests over so I have a reason to spend money on a beautiful bouquet.

The market is located in the parking lot of Asbury Church at 1401 Camden Avenue. They are open from 4:00 - 6:00 pm. Go and have a look for yourself.

Do you go to the farmers' market? Do you have a favorite?

4 comments:

  1. you should make a tomato and mozzarella salad with those tomatoes ... it would be really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a farmers market at FDA now every Tuesday! I go every week and find something special to make for dinner. I love it! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh I love farmers markets, local honey is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi thanks for stopping by....I'm just looking at some of your posts...so there is a wedding in the works? Yay! You found some great stuff at the market; buy what you love and see what creative stuff you can make! Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.