27.9.10

polka dot party

I LOVE polka dots . . . and in any form, really. My obsession started my sophomore year of high school when I got a black skirt with white polka dots from forever 21. My aunts took me on a trip to Williamsburg (more to come later on my obsession with the colonial period) and we went out to dinner. I wore my skirt, a black top, a light khaki trench, and decided to try red lips. It was then that I learned the power of polka dots and red lipstick.

Although my closet already boasts a lot of polka dot pieces, I have been obsessing over expanding my collection. (I normally try to dismiss the urge to buy every item of clothing I see with polka dots for fear of ALWAYS wearing a polka-dotted item and being that crazy polka dot girl.) Here are some items I have been lusting after:

Eva Franco Mullany Dress, $258

J. Crew Polka-dot back-seam tights, $22.50

Line & Dot polka-dot blouse, $79

Talbot Polka-dot knee highs, $12

And what is great about polka-dots is that they never really go out of style, do they? What is your print obsession? (I also love my stripes!!)

{items from here, here, here, and here, respectively}

5 comments:

  1. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE! I've been so caught up in my stripes of all kinds, with my random squiggles, that I have not given enough of my life (or my purse) towards these beauties! I do hope polka dots will forgive me!
    Do you find lipstick kinda... clogs up your mouth? As in, I find it makes my lips feel all caked up, a bit like if I wear to much makeup...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen those polka dot tights all over Lookbook ... it seemed like last winter everyone in Europe had some

    ReplyDelete
  3. i normally put a lot of lipstick on and then blot it off so it is more of a stain then full on and shiny. But there are a few lipsticks i dont have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a polka dot sundress in black and white I adore!!

    Oh ....I have a Giveaway from the French Basketeer I think you will love!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. the polka dot bug hit me abt a year ago, and so far i have a pair of tights, a dress, pants, shorts, skirts, laptop cover, cupcake mold, tablecloth, guitar pick, i phone case , u name it.. i am on the hunt for a polka dot umbrella now!
    love the dress!

    Nelly
    www.massacredmascara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete