21.9.10

pani pit pizza

On Saturday, the FH and I decided to try the new pizza place in north Salisbury, Pani Pit Pizza. I was really hoping this would be a place where you could get a slice of pizza, maybe a side salad, and you don't have a waiter (no tip). There is a great place on the south side of Salisbury (De Pietro's) but it is not on the side of town where we live and it isn't that cheap to get a slice of pizza and a soda. But quite honestly, I expected to be disappointed - I am very picky about my pizza.

The first thing we noticed when we walked in was the extensive menu and the low prices. And they had a plethora of pizzas to choose from for pizza slices. The FH ordered the large 12 inch Italian sub ($6.95) and I ordered a garden salad ($3.50) and a slice of white pizza ($2.75).

First off, for $3.50, I expected the salad just to be some iceberg lettuce and unripened tomatoes. I was pleasantly suprised! The salad came with a good amount of beautiful mixed greens, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and croutons with a side of house dressing. I love when a place has a good house dressing! The FH's sub was 12 inches but it was STUFFED and with good quality deli meat too. (The above picture doesn't do it justice.) He said, had he known, he would have just gotten the 6 inch. And my white pizza was perfect! Broccoli and ricotta - what more could you ask for?

I will warn you though: the FH got some wings with one of our neighbors for football Sunday and he wasn't that impressed. If you go, I would just stick with what they are great at - the pizza and subs.

When the FH and I find a good food place, we make a plan to go visit often; we certainly don't want them to go out a business and leave us! So today, we decided to forgo our big spaghetti squash and go there again for dinner. The FH got a slice of their Chicago pizza with sausage and ground beef ($3.50) and a slice of their chicken, bacon, and ranch pizza ($2.75). I got a garden salad and a slice of their Margarita pizza ($2.50).

Again - YUM!! But please, stop by there and taste for yourself! You won't be disappointed.

* You can find Pani Pit at 2657 N. Salisbury Blvd.

1 comment:

  1. wow look at the different between my camera phone pictures from the first visit and my regular camera for the other visit. and i thought that camera phone was so fab...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.