20.9.10

baltimore wedding at avam

Before autumn is officially here, I want to share a very special summer wedding with all of you. In June, my friend, Joanna, married the love of her life, Darragh. Now, I have known Joanna since fourth grade when she came up to me on the playground, pinched me, and ran away, so I was so glad that I could share this day with both of them.
There were so many unique elements that made up their wedding. Joanna and Darragh did a lot themselves which made the day even more beautiful.
Joanna's dress was custom made for her by her friend and wedding dress designer, Matthew Christopher. Her bridesmaids all wore navy dresses of their own choosing.

Darragh designed his own shoes with Nike using some of the wedding colors, navy and fuchsia.

Joanna went to art school for photography and Darragh is an artist so they picked the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, Maryland for their ceremony and reception site. The ceremony took place on the spiraling staircase inside the museum while the reception took place in the urban barn next door.

Darragh cut down a small birch tree and Joanna stamped each wood piece with the names of the guests and their table. Each table was named after an artist and Darragh created a small painting to go on each table in the artist's style. (Ours was the Dr. Seuss table!) In lieu of a guestbook, Joanna had a wishing tree where guests could hang notes for the newlyweds. For favors, Joanna's mother and aunt made cookies from her grandfather's tea cake recipe.
And, of course, there was dancing!

Joanna and Darragh - I wish you many more years of happiness and love. I miss you guys!!

{all images by PremaPhotographic}

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about it! The spiral staircase is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.