10.8.10

new places i want to visit (outside of the US)

One thing I hate about being right out of college with a car payment and hellish student loans is the lack of disposable income to travel. Now I am not being a whiny baby, I promise. I have been very fortunate in my life to start traveling at a young age and to live abroad during college. But every once in awhile, I get really restless and want to be thrown out of my element. (If you have lived abroad you probably know what I mean).

I love lists and I love traveling, so I figured it would be fun to make a list of the places I would visit right now if I had two months and funds to spare. (Here's an idea of places I have already visited: France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Spain, Norway, and the Dominican Republic.)

In no particular order:

1. Argentina - I have no idea what started my obsession with going to Argentina - maybe it is the wine. But if I go, I definitely want to visit Mendoza to visit the Malbec vineyards. And I would like to go to Buenos Aires.

2. China - I had wanted to learn Mandarin and go to China since middle school. Again, I really am not sure why. I studied Mandarin my first two years in college and loved it, although it was difficult. I think I would probably visit Shanghai, Beijing, and Xian.

3. Morocco - I have no idea why I didn't go to Morocco while living in Bordeaux. I guess I didn't realize, until after I left, how close I was to Africa. I definitely want to go to Morocco to eat, eat, eat. I LOVE Moroccan food. And I think it would be so great to go to the different markets.

4. Egypt - When I was little, I had a hieroglyphic stamp set. I loved it! I also thought that one day I would go and visit Egypt and see REAL hieroglyphics. My friend was getting my her masters from the American University in Cairo when I graduated college. I thought seriously about going to see her, but it would have left my bank account completely depleted. And since I didn't have a job yet, and the economy was bad, a lot of people told me not to spend the money. I wish I wouldn't have listened.

Where would you go? Have you been to any of these places?

{images from here, here, here, and here,}

1 comment:

  1. Well Morgan, I totally understand how you feel (or felt rather). I am just aching to hit the runway (not in the Top Model sense) again soon and I just came back!
    I was fortunate enough to visit Argentina last summer before I left for Indonesia and it is probably my favorite country ever. Buenos Aires is gorgeous and it has the feeling of a European city but still holding on to its Latin flair. The people in BA are beautiful and so chic. Mendoza is also breathtaking and the wine, particularly the Malbec, is to die for. Because I also have a list of where I would love to go provided that I have the money and time I would love to share:

    1. Nepal & India
    2. Turkey
    3. Morocco
    4. France (but I speak no French!)
    5. Spain

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.