21.7.10

bok choy salad

Let me start out by saying that this is DELICIOUS! And I became addicted. Seriously. I brought it one week for lunch and I would think about it all morning.

My friend, Tanya, made this for our friend's shower. She sent me the recipe since I liked it so much. I am warning you though, it does take a decent amount of time to prepare. (But it is completely worth it in my opinion!)

BOK CHOY SALAD

makes A LOT

Ingredients
For salad:
2 lbs. bok choy
2 batches of scallions
2 c. almonds
2 Tbspn. sugar
1 stick butter
2 packs Ramen noodles (broken)

1. Roast almonds in oven on a nonstick tray for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. (Watch them closely so they don't burn.)
2. Melt butter, add sugar, and add broken Ramen noodles until brown.
3. Chop bok choy very small.
4. Combine almonds and noodles in ziploc bag and shake together. Make sure you break up the chunks.

For dressing:
3/4 c. oil (no olive oil)
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1/2 c. sugar
2 Tbspn. soy sauce

Mix the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle desired amount over salad.

Tanya also mentioned the recipe for a party or such and have to make a really big batch of it, you can use napa cabbage as well as the bok choy since it is easier to chop.

I prepared this to take to lunch for a week, along with a soba noodle salad found here. They went great together. I would just wait to add the dressing to the bok choy until you are going to eat it. I added it the day I made it, not thinking, and the dressing definitely got soggier as the week went on. It wasn't bad, it just lost that crunch.

1 comment: