16.6.10

fried pho

I had left over cooked pho noodles and a craving for fried rice. Fried Pho was born! Surprisingly this recipe is not so terrible for you - I calculated it to be around 230 calories. I really cut down on the oil. I figured since the pho is such a soft noodle it really didn't need that much. I really eyeballed this so play around with it. Sorry I don't have a picture.

FRIED PHO

serves 2 as a side/serves 1 as an entree

Ingredients
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 spring onion, chopped, white and green parts separated
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup frozen mixed chopped vegetables (like peas and carrots or whatever you like)
4 oz cooked pho noodles
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon butter

1. Heat oil in a frying pan or wok. Cook onion until fragrant. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
2. Put garlic, white parts of spring onion, and vegetables in pan and fry for about a minute.
3. Put in cooked noodles and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring every so often.
4. Add soy sauce and cook for about 2 minutes and then add butter and cook for about more 2 minutes or cook until desired texture. (I like mine a little crunchy.)
5. Add green parts of spring onions.

Let me know what you think...

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.