25.5.10

low-carb ricotta crepes

Last month, I spent the night at my friend Ashley's house. She and her husband, Pat, made me delicious low-carb ricotta crepes for breakfast the next morning. Saturday morning, my friend, Alissa, and I made them for breakfast. I didn't use a sugar substitute in mine since I only had regular sugar and I put strawberries (with sugar) on top so I guess mine weren't as low-carb as Ashley's but both ways are very delicious. You can also add a 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of cocoa powder to the filling.

LOW-CARB RICOTTA CREPES
makes 3 - 4 crepes

Ingredients

For the Filling:
1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
dash ground cinnamon
1 g sugar substitute

For the Crepe:
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
dash nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 g sugar substitute

1. Beat crepe mix and filling separately until creamy and well blended. (I used my food processor).
2. Spray a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Pour crepe mixture into the skillet and cook on medium heat until almost cooked through. Flip the crepe and cook a little bit more.
3. Fill the crepe with the filling and fold.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.