4.4.10

sunday thank you, for iMovie

A few weeks ago, I put to rest the videographer question - I bought a camcorder. Now it isn't the fanciest camcorder in the world but I think it takes pretty decent video considering the price I spent on it.

It came a few days before I went back to get my wedding dress, so I brought it along with me to Davids Bridal. My maid of honor dutifully took video of me putting on the dress and generally being silly.

Well last week I became obsessed with editing the video on iMovie on my Mac. Going to the gym? Nope editing on my Mac. Doing laundry? No just playing on iMovie.

I know this isn't the most advanced program out there but for my purposes it works just fine. I even added the Glee version of "I Say A Little Prayer" to the background. After I get back from my honeymoon and I am going to put together a DVD of weddingness. I am so glad I decided to get a camcorder instead of a videographer. Not only will someone capture my wedding day, I will have footage of finding my dress, my shower, my bachlorette party, hanging out with our guests in Jamaica, our rehearsal dinner, and our honeymoon at a fraction of the cost of a videographer. I know it won't be as professional but I kind of prefer that personal touch.

I could probably also buy a better video editing program but I figured this one suits me just fine. My only complaint is that with iMovie '08 you can't slow or speed up video. Maybe I will just upgrade to Life '09.

I love you Mac!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.