11.3.10

always classy: the bridesmaids' attire

Considering my bridesmaids are paying a decent amount to get all the way to Jamaica for our wedding, I want to try and keep costs low for their attire. This means that the J. Crack bridesmaid dresses that they originally wanted are out.

I really love the idea of mismatched bridesmaid dresses and I think I am going to take advantage of the island beauty and go very bright color wise. Basically, I want to emulate this picture from Elizabeth Medina's blog:

If you take out the woman in white (doesn't she know only the bride wears white) and the woman in yellow - I AM IN LOVE! I love the bright blues and greens in mismatched dresses. And I think the chunky necklaces are perfect. (I am definitely stealing that idea!)

My bridesmaids didn't like my "just go get any dress you want in these colors." So now we are on the prowl.

We were thinking we can look at David's Bridal to recreate this look with the bright colors and mismatched dresses. We are going to go look at the cotton sateen dresses this weekend.
David's Bridal 83312 Cotton Sateen Strapless Dress - $135


David's Bridal 83468 Cotton Sateen Sleeveless Dress - $60

We also like some of the more casual cotton embossed dresses from J. Crew. I think they will still look good with gold heels and chunky necklaces.

J. Crew Solid Embossed Beach dress - $98

Solid Embossed Lorelei dress - $98

Unfortunately, J. Crew hasn't come out with their summer colors but last year I remember them having bright blues and greens. I guess we will have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment