16.2.10

pretty topped jars

I found this idea on Pink Street and I thought it would be a pretty way to organize my craft area. I thought I would share a little tutorial on how to do it, although it is very simple to do.

Materials
paper scraps
modge podge
scissors
small craft brush
jars with screw lids

1. Wash jars and make sure to get off all parts of the label. I found that if I soaked the jars in water with dish soap and then scrubbed them pretty well, I could get it all off. Allow jars and lids to dry.
2. Lay the jar lid, face down on scrap paper and trace it with a pencil. Sketch a circle around that one that is a little bigger - at least a little thicker than the width of the lid. Cut slits about 1/4 inch apart that are cut up to the pencil tracing of the lid. Coat the inside circle with modge podge and adhere to the lid. Press down with clean fingers.
Coat 2 or 3 strips at a time and fold over the edge of the lid. Do this until all strips are adhered to the lid.
3. Turn lid over so the pattern is facing up. Coat with modge podge and then let dry. Screw lid to jar.
I am going to use one of my jars to hold small fabric scraps.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.