I finished my first wearable garment about a month ago, so I guess this post is a little late but I didn't get a chance to wear it and take pictures until last night.
I used the free Marie skirt pattern from BurdaStyle. The pattern was a little confusing, especially for a first time sewer, but I figured it out eventually. I made the waistband thicker and added lining.
It turned out decent for my first skirt but when you look closely there are definitely a few flaws. The skirt lays a little strangely and the waistband is not as tight to the body as I think it should be (but I didn't follow the pattern for that part either). My zipper is kind of messed up as well. It is wearable though. Overall, I am very happy with it. And I just LOVE the brocade fabric I used!
Here are some pictures I took before going out to dinner last night.
Gosh, I am an awkward "model."