24.1.10

my marie

I finished my first wearable garment about a month ago, so I guess this post is a little late but I didn't get a chance to wear it and take pictures until last night.

I used the free Marie skirt pattern from BurdaStyle. The pattern was a little confusing, especially for a first time sewer, but I figured it out eventually. I made the waistband thicker and added lining.

It turned out decent for my first skirt but when you look closely there are definitely a few flaws. The skirt lays a little strangely and the waistband is not as tight to the body as I think it should be (but I didn't follow the pattern for that part either). My zipper is kind of messed up as well. It is wearable though. Overall, I am very happy with it. And I just LOVE the brocade fabric I used!

Here are some pictures I took before going out to dinner last night.


Gosh, I am an awkward "model."

3 comments:

  1. i like. did the burda pattern include pockets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no it did not... but if you aren't a true beginner like i am, i am sure you can add some in!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.