Look yummy? Well, why don't you make it for yourself? And don't wait for your birthday!
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
1 box of chocolate cake mix (brownies can be substituted)
3 packets of instant chocolate mousse (I like dark or double chocolate)
12 - 16 oz of frozen Cool Whip
8 Heath OR Skor bars (any English toffee bars)
1/2 - 1 cup of Kahlua OR other coffee flavored liqueur
1. Prepare chocolate cake mix according directions on the box. After baking, let cake cool completely. Using a fork, poke holes in cake and pour 1/2 to 1 cup of Kahlua over it according to taste. Let soak for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare instant mousse according directions on package.
3. Bang toffee bars with a mallet while still in the wrappers.
4. Take half of cake and crumbled bigger crumbs into bottom of a glass trifle dish. Spread half of mousse over crumbled cake. Sprinkle about 3 toffee bars and about 3/4 of another bar over mousse. Spread half of cool whip over toffee bars.
5. Repeat step 4 again so there are two layers of each ingredient.
6. If you used about 3 and 3/4 bar for each toffee bar layer you will notice that you have about 1/2 of a toffee bar left. I usually sprinkle this on top of the last layer of cool whip to show what is "inside" the dessert.
* This was actually the first time I had used a brownie mix over a cake mix. I normally get the chocolate cake mix with pudding in mix. Since I had brownie mix on hand I figured why not? I decided to follow the directions on the box for cake-like brownies. I think next time I will use the directions for fudge brownies because the cake-like brownies were a little dry.