5.10.09

a new favorite guide to cooking: phoo-d

Yum. MmMmhhh. Oooh! Yes!  I found my Salisbury, Maryland food solution!!!  

Okay, okay.  I know.  Its really not that bad here.  It really isn't.  But I grew up in Baltimore and had my weekend stints visiting my dad right outside of DC.  In other words, I had a lot of great inexpensive restos to choose from and an eclectic amount of grocery stores to oogle at yummy food.  (Oh and that semester in Bordeaux didn't help with the deadening the taste buds either).

Besides the limited amount of restaurants here, I also find that it is sometimes hard to quench my cooking habit.  A lot of the more interesting recipes that I come across have ingredients that are hard to find in this area or there just aren't great places to find high quality ingredients (at least not at a price for a recent college grad). I have learned to be pretty creative but it always helps to have a little extra advice.  

Enter the fabulous blog Phoo-d, a blog about "Food for Anyone with an Address."  It is written by a woman who has moved to a place with "one, two, three good restaurants, one decent grocery store, and of course a Wal-Mart Superstore."

There are fabulous photos that look so yummy I can't wait to get started trying out the recipes.  And we have two super Wal-Marts.  So if she can do it, so can I! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.